Tuesday, November 15, 2005

DNS Changes - Post Server(s) Move

It has come to my attention since the server move that some of the domains have DNS information that is not being propogated to all DNS servers. This means that in some cases people will not be able to browse to certain websites that are hosted by
midvalleyhosting ( me ).

I am currently in the process of making sure that *EVERY* domain has 3 nameservers to avoid any further DNS failures in the future.

A few domains have only 1 valid master DNS server ( ns.midvalleyhosting.com ) and of course it's IP address has changed but not all DNS server know about the change. This is what is causing some DNS issues currently. I believe only 2 of the 34 domains that I host still have this issue.

Please continue to let me know of any problems that you encounter as a result of the move.

Thanks again for your patience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home